No Polar Bears in Antarctica?

For my geography class I have to do some kind of creative project inspired by Antarctica. My first idea was to take some cute photos of a stuffed polar bear I was given in hopes my teacher would find it adorable and give me my 3%. It was a good thing I googled polar bears in Antarctica, because apparently they don't live there! Basically, Antarctica doesn't have enough food sources to support a polar bear population, if the bears moved down there they could have a few days of penguin buffet followed by impending extinction. So no polar bear will get the chance to roam Antarctica, but I don't think the penguins are complaining about that.

Check out the article here: https://www.chimuadventures.com/blog/2016/06/do-polar-bears-exist-in-antarctica/

P.S. If anyone has a stuffed penguin I could borrow that would be great.


Comments

  1. That's so interesting, thanks for my new fun fact of today, only because assumed the same thing! And good luck with your stuffed penguin hunt, how could your teacher not fall in love with an adorable stuffed animal photo shoot?! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a stuffed animal photo shoot for the photo essay. It was easily the most enjoyable assignment of the semester!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts